Do you realize that God loves you dearly, more than your parents, relatives and friends? He longs to be your intimate companion.
God in His wisdom keeps calling us every day, and many times we ignore Him. He calls us for fellowship, since He created us in His own image. He feels we belong to Him, His possession. He wants to protect us and rejoice in us. And when He paid the price for us in Christ, He much more feels the need to walk with us, talk with us and have a close communion with us.
God is a Person with true emotions, not as we humans. Our emotions can often be mixed, because of our fallen nature. They fluctuate incessantly. They are mixed as we are not fully sure of the situation and the outcome it brings. But, God’s emotions are true, for He exactly knows the situation as well as its outcome. The only way to realize it is by aligning ourselves with Him. When our manner of thinking is aligned with His, we have His trueness. And since God desires it in us that we are safe and free, He wants us to be His intimate companion; He desires we choose Him. So, He calls, “O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, In the secret place of the steep pathway, Let me see your form, Let me hear your voice; For your voice is sweet, And your form is lovely” (Song. 2:14).
- He loves us. He wants us to be comforted in it.
- He wants us to come out of our fears, doubts and insecurities and enjoy His delightful company that gives joy, security and life in full.
- He readily waits to hear from us. No matter our condition when we speak to Him, He hears. He even translates the unspeakable emotions of our hearts and understands; for He loves us and there is no want in His love.
- He has given us a form that is made of faith, obedience, trust, wisdom, peace and integrity. He willingly gave it. Now He wishes to delight in it.
- Often we tend to hide due to frailties and enemies just as a dove in the clefts of the rock. He calls us to find Him as a strong refuge.
- One thing He does not forget about us is that we are vulnerable. Hence, the semblance to a dove with love. He regards us very sensitive.
- As we respond to His call, we find we do not have to care for ourselves.