Did you know sinning against God can lead to a hardened heart? A hardened heart does not wish to turn to God. “But when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunder had ceased, he sinned again and hardened his heart, he and his servants” (Exod. 9:34). There are qualities by which one can recognize a hardened heart.
- The continuous desire to do something that is against God’s will
- Having the mind to outwit God
- Rejecting God’s instructions, directions and warnings
- Satiated with self-righteousness
- Deeply relying in tangible things like power, wealth, cleverness, education and fame
- Underestimating God’s power, reasoning and wisdom