One of the key qualities required for a child of God is finding favor in the eyes of people. It is often the quality not considered and is one of the essential qualities to becoming an example for Christ. Of the two most important things in which one is finding God’s favor the other is finding the favor of men. Jesus found them (Luke 2:52). Both are interlinked. Categorically speaking, favor of men is not possible without first obtaining God’s favor. After obtaining the latter obtaining the former must become instinctive. Since the latter is obtained without relation to sin the former too must come apart from sin. It is a continuous process. The way to it can be learned from the following. “Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai who had taken her as his daughter, came to go in to the king, she did not request anything except what Hegai, the king’s eunuch who was in charge of the women, advised. And Esther found favor in the eyes of all who saw her” (Esth. 2:15).
Many live with sour emotions like anger, greed, selfishness, jealousy, pride and such and therefore, constantly distance themselves from the acceptance of people. They may be revered on the face, but not after. Sour emotions kill pleasantness in people and hence, can never receive their favor. Esther is an excellent example of finding favor in the eyes of all. So, let us analyze her nature and note the qualities we can borrow from her and how.
- The two obvious and fine qualities she possessed were contentment and humility. Both follow one another complementing each other.
- She did not find favor before few, but all present around her.
- It takes great learning of God which also speaks volumes about parenting. Her association with God from a young age worked to her benefit.
- If you are a parent, you can see how you can make an Esther out of your children.
- If you are a young adult or an adult, you can see what you can harness by possessing her fine qualities.
- The most important act is cultivating a nature like her or learning to obtain a nature like her.
- Her nature did not seek greater things or act like the mind of the other women. It became a huge step for her to become the queen.
- Hence her nature allowed Hegai do all the good work who knew the king and his tastes better than anyone. Sour emotions cannot make it happen.
- Her nature listened and understood. Not only was she a good listener of her uncle but also of Hegai. God provided her to become the queen.
- Most people put their desires first in a situation rather than what the situation truly needs. It is the result of weak heart and mind. Hence, they lose the excellent blessings of God.
- When our turn to act or an opportunity comes do not let lose the image of God He put in us. At every such turn we will receive honor.
- God will abundantly increase our position first in the eyes of people and then our own.